Who are we?
We didn’t create the Desktop Trace tool from nothing – we’ve been searching for people for years! Through our previous private investigation business, Desktop Investigations, we’ve helped clients locate thousands of debtors who’ve skipped payment, and other things…
We know the ins and outs of fine-tuning search requirements and finding clear answers quickly – and saw the need in the industry to make a professional level tracing system accessible, affordable, and highly functional, which is why we developed Desktop Trace.
Chéney is …
- An ex-policewoman having served in the NSW (Australia) Police Service
- She’s a qualified lawyer having completed her Law Degree with Bond University and Master in Laws with the University of Auckland, two of the most respected Universities in Australia and New Zealand
- She has worked as an Investigative Lawyer for the Serious Fraud Office
- And has also worked as a Senior Investigator for Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, specialising in bankruptcy and insolvency investigations
- In 2017, she founded Desktop Investigations, a skip tracing business, and successfully grew the company, acquiring numerous top Finance and Insurance companies in New Zealand as clients. The business was subsequently sold at the end of July 2023.
Director I Principal Investigator
The Desktop Trace system is a collaboration of the key tools we use for investigation, all together in one easy-to-use interface
- Up-to-date info from industry-leading data services
- Time-saving search functions
- Answers we know you can rely on
See what our clients say
Need some help in your search?
If you need a little extra help digging deeper, we have a skilled Private Investigation team who have a very high success rate when tracking down the people you’re searching for. Talk to us at Desktop Trace.
Have a question?